Archival Storage Vancouver, BC
Archival Storage in Vancouver, BC. You can’t take any chances on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important artifacts. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage units in Vancouver, BC for more than 20 years. Our chambers and rooms have outstanding temperature control that assure that your items will be preserved. We offer exemplary and unequaled precision, reliability, and customer care. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each Vancouver, BC client, and our chambers all come with many optional features and custom options as well. If you require archival storage in Vancouver, BC, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Vancouver, BC Archival Storage
We work for a variety of different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a client’s requirements. When it comes to archival storage of priceless media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will get to know your needs to find the perfect configurations to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfect for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books easily damaged due to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at stable temperatures. Outside impurities such as dust, sunlight, or insects can harm old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at steady temperatures and will deteriorate if introduced to outside contaminants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from insects and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings crack or misshape in reaction to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a sort of decay called “vinegar syndrome” if preserved improperly. The Image Permanence Institute advises storing certain types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units the ideal fit for your film storing needs.
Typically, books, paper, and paintings are preserved at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Vancouver, BC can be calibrated to temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F). Our archival storage units have precise temperature control within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most documents and films do not necessitate humidification to be properly preserved, but we can add that humidification capabilities for unconventional archival storage uses.
In addition to maintaining a steady temperature and keeping the objects free of dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage rooms in Vancouver, BC will keep your documents safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made risks. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers comply with NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. All of our units have LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your document and film preservation will be as cost-effective as possible. Reach out to Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to guarantee that your artifacts in Vancouver, BC are preserved as long as you need them to be.
Take a look at the following links to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Vancouver, BC:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Vancouver, BC
In addition to our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers various services to our Vancouver, BC archival storage clients that help set us apart from other providers. No matter your company’s limitations or specific requirements, we work with you to find a solution that works.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our Vancouver, BC clients that do not currently have room themselves. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you require. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to ensure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and our backup generators guarantee that your books, paintings, photographs, or films will never be put at risk by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need no matter their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple units at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Vancouver, BC location for the installation as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Vancouver, BC are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems meet the specifications you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the standards you need them to be.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have adequate data records.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the growth of damaging mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Vancouver, BC:
Vancouver, BC Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in many different industries in Vancouver, BC, across the United States, and all over the world. We tailor each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are aptly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized solutions, 24/7. For reliable, efficient, and accurate archival storage in Vancouver, BC with outstanding customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.