Archival Storage Montreal, QC
Archival Storage in Montreal, QC. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important items. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage units in Montreal, QC for over 20 years. Our chambers and rooms have excellent temperature control that guarantees your items will be protected. We offer impeccable and unparalleled accuracy, longevity, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each Montreal, QC client’s specific needs, and our chambers all come with numerous available features and custom options too. For archival storage in Montreal, QC, reach out to us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Montreal, QC Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for a variety of different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made precisely for a customer’s requirements. With regards to archival storage of invaluable media and documents, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideally suited for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books easily damaged due to temperature and humidity changes, and should be maintained at steady temperatures. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all harm old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can result in mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at consistent temperatures and away from outside impurities. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from insects and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings split or misshape in reaction to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also affect the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a type of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute suggests storing certain kind of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to preserve books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Montreal, QC are capable of remarkable temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with a precision within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most media do not necessitate humidification to be appropriately preserved, but we can tack on that feature for atypical archival storage applications.
Besides maintaining a steady temperature and keeping the objects free of dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage rooms in Montreal, QC will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers adhere to NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Furthermore, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. Our units also come with LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will be as cost-effective as possible. Call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your artifacts as long as required.
Click on the following links to see the full spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Montreal, QC:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Montreal, QC
Beyond accuracy, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and a variety of service options throughout the lifespan of your unit. Regardless of your company’s restraints or individual requirements, we work with you to find the best archival storage options for you.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our Montreal, QC clients that do not currently have room themselves. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you require. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to ensure they’re at the appropriate temperature and humidity, and have backup generators onsite so your artifacts will never be put at risk by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need regardless of their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Easier budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple systems at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered systems that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Montreal, QC site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Montreal, QC are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help shield your archival storage chamber or room and give you peace of mind.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are working to the specifications you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is functioning as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the above services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have complete data records.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still abide by codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prohibit the spread of harmful contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Montreal, QC:
Montreal, QC Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Montreal, QC, across the United States, and around the globe. We tailor each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are appropriately certified and credentialed and can give you customized troubleshooting, 24/7. For dependable, efficient, and accurate archival storage in Montreal, QC with exceptional customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.