San Antonio, TX
Archival Storage San Antonio, TX
Archival Storage in San Antonio, TX. You can’t take any chances on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important artifacts. Darwin Chambers has been an innovative designer, manufacturer, and installer of archival storage rooms and chambers in San Antonio, TX for over two decades. Our chambers and rooms have excellent temperature control that guarantees your items will be protected. We offer impeccable and unequaled precision, longevity, and customer care. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each San Antonio, TX client’s specific needs, and our chambers all come with many optional features and custom options too. For archival storage in San Antonio, TX, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | San Antonio, TX Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for numerous different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a client’s needs. In the matter of archival storage of invaluable media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideally suited for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books reactive to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at consistent temperatures within the correct range. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all damage old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can lead to mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in their present state.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at stable temperatures and will deteriorate if exposed to outside pollutants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from dust and sunlight, an archival storage chamber is the only way to guarantee that they will not be damaged.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings crack or warp when subjected to temperature or humidity changes. Light and dust can also damage the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are prone to a type of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if preserved incorrectly. The Image Permanence Institute advises storing specific sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units the perfect fit for your film storing needs.
Usually, books, paper, and paintings are stored at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are kept at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in San Antonio, TX can be calibrated to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with a precision within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most artifacts do not necessitate humidification to be correctly preserved, but we can add that feature for unconventional archival storage uses.
In addition to keeping a steady temperature and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in San Antonio, TX will keep your documents safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers abide by NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Also, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will be as cost-effective as possible. Reach out to Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your artifacts in San Antonio, TX are preserved as long as you need them to be.
Check out the following links to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in San Antonio, TX:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in San Antonio, TX
In addition to our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and numerous service options for as long as you have your unit. Whatever your company’s restraints or individual requirements, we have a solution that works.
If you don’t have the room at your San Antonio, TX facility, we can store your items for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you require. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms around the clock to confirm they’re at the correct temperature and humidity, and have backup generators onsite so your books, paintings, photographs, or films will never be jeopardized by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the few financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. The benefits of leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple pieces of equipment at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your San Antonio, TX location as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in San Antonio, TX are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your investment and put you at ease.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems meet the requirements you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the standards you need them to be.
- Service Plans to troubleshoot and repair any issues, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have complete logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the growth of damaging mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in San Antonio, TX:
San Antonio, TX Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in San Antonio, TX, across the United States, and around the globe. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are appropriately certified and credentialed and can give you personalized troubleshooting, 24/7. For reliable, efficient, and accurate archival storage in San Antonio, TX with exceptional customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.