New Orleans, LA
Archival Storage New Orleans, LA
Archival Storage in New Orleans, LA. When it comes to invaluable, rare, and important media, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an innovative designer, manufacturer, and installer of archival storage units in New Orleans, LA for more than two decades. Our units have outstanding temperature control that guarantees your items will be protected. We offer flawless and unparalleled accuracy, durability, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each New Orleans, LA client, and our chambers all come with numerous available features and custom options too. For archival storage in New Orleans, LA, get in touch with us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | New Orleans, LA Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for many different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made precisely for a customer’s requirements. With regards to archival storage of priceless media and documents, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfectly suited for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books reactive to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at consistent temperatures within the appropriate range. Outside impurities such as dust, sunlight, or insects can harm old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in their present state.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at stable temperatures and away from outside pollutants. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from mold and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings split or bend when subjected to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are susceptible to a kind of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if preserved inadequately. The Image Permanence Institute recommends storing certain sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
Generally, books, paper, and paintings are kept at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in New Orleans, LA can be customized to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is uncommon for storing media, but we can add that feature for unusual archival storage uses.
Besides maintaining a consistent temperature and keeping the objects free of mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers in New Orleans, LA will keep your documents safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers follow NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Also, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. Our units also come with LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will also be great for your bottom line. Contact Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your books, paintings, photographs, or films in New Orleans, LA are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Click on the following links to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in New Orleans, LA:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in New Orleans, LA
In addition to precision, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers numerous services to our New Orleans, LA archival storage clients that help set us apart from other manufacturers. Regardless of your company’s restraints or specific requirements, we work with you to find the best archival storage options for you.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our New Orleans, LA clients that do not currently have room themselves. We have the space and environmental specifications that you need. We observe our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to verify they’re at the proper temperature and humidity, and our backup generators guarantee that your items will never be threatened by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the only financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. The advantages to leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple units at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your New Orleans, LA site as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in New Orleans, LA are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help shield your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are working to the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is functioning as intended.
- Service Plans to troubleshoot and repair any issues, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have adequate logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still comply with codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to suppress the spread of harmful contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in New Orleans, LA:
New Orleans, LA Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in New Orleans, LA, across the United States, and around the globe. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you customized troubleshooting, 24/7. For an archival storage company in New Orleans, LA that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.