Archival Storage Houston, TX
Archival Storage in Houston, TX. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important artifacts. Darwin Chambers has been an innovative designer, manufacturer, and installer of archival storage rooms and chambers in Houston, TX for more than 20 years. Our units have exceptional temperature control that guarantees your items will be preserved. We offer impeccable and unequaled precision, longevity, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are personalized for each Houston, TX client’s specific needs, and our chambers all come with a variety of optional features and custom options too. For archival storage in Houston, TX, reach out to us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Houston, TX Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for many different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made exactly for a customer’s needs. In the matter of archival storage of invaluable media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will get to know your needs to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideally suited for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books reactive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be kept at stable temperatures. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all degrade old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at stable temperatures and will deteriorate if introduced to outside pollutants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from grime and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings crack or misshape when subjected to temperature or humidity fluctuations. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are prone to a kind of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if preserved improperly. The Image Permanence Institute recommends storing certain kind of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units the perfect fit for your film storing needs.
Usually, books, paper, and paintings are preserved at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in Houston, TX are capable of remarkable temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is uncommon for storing media, but we can add that feature for unusual archival storage utilization.
Beyond maintaining a stable environment and keeping the objects safe from mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers in Houston, TX will keep your documents safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers are compliant with NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that produce less radiant heat and more light with less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your artifact preservation will be as cost-effective as possible. Reach out to Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to guarantee that your items in Houston, TX are preserved as long as you need them to be.
Take a look at the following links to see the complete spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Houston, TX:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Houston, TX
Beyond our high quality archival storage systems, Darwin Chambers offers a variety of services to our Houston, TX archival storage clients that help set us apart from other providers. Whatever your company’s restraints or individual requirements, we will find a solution that works.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our Houston, TX clients that do not currently have room themselves. We have the space and environmental specifications that you require. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to make sure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and our backup generators guarantee that your items will never be threatened by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need whatever their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple systems at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your Houston, TX site as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Houston, TX are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help shield your archival storage chamber or room and provide peace of mind.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems are running to the specifications you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the specifications you need them to be.
- Service Plans to troubleshoot and repair any issues, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have adequate logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prevent the spread of damaging contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Houston, TX:
Houston, TX Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in many different industries in Houston, TX, nationwide, and around the globe. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are aptly certified and credentialed and can give you customized solutions, 24/7. For dependable, efficient, and precise archival storage in Houston, TX with outstanding customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.