St. Louis, MO
Archival Storage St. Louis, MO
Archival Storage in St. Louis, MO. When it comes to invaluable, rare, and important objects, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in St. Louis, MO for over two decades. Our chambers and rooms have outstanding temperature control that ensures your items will be preserved. We offer exemplary and unmatched precision, reliability, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each St. Louis, MO client, and our chambers all come with a variety of optional features and custom options as well. If you need archival storage in St. Louis, MO, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | St. Louis, MO Archival Storage
We work for a variety of different types of businesses, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a client’s needs. In the matter of archival storage of priceless media and books, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideal for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at steady temperatures. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all damage old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in their present state.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at stable temperatures and away from outside contaminants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from insects and sunlight, an archival storage chamber is the only way to guarantee that they will not be damaged.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings crack or misshape when subjected to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are vulnerable to a kind of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute suggests storing certain types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units the perfect fit for your film storing needs.
Typically, books, paper, and paintings are preserved at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in St. Louis, MO can be customized to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is uncommon for storing artifacts, but we can tack on that feature for atypical archival storage implementations.
Beyond maintaining a stable temperature and keeping the objects safe from mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage rooms in St. Louis, MO will keep your artifacts safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made risks. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers follow NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Furthermore, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. Our units also come with LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will be as cost-effective as possible. Reach out to Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your artifacts in St. Louis, MO are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Take a look at the following links to see the complete specifications and optional features of our archival storage in St. Louis, MO:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in St. Louis, MO
Besides accuracy, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and many different service options for as long as you have your unit. Whatever your company’s limitations or specific requirements, we have a solution that works.
If you don’t have the space at your St. Louis, MO facility, we can store your items for you. We have the space and environmental specifications that you need. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to confirm they’re at the correct temperature and humidity, and have backup generators onsite so your items will never be threatened by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need whatever their budget. The benefits of leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Easier budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can acquire multiple pieces of equipment at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your St. Louis, MO location for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in St. Louis, MO are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your investment and put you at ease.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems are running to the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the requirements you need them to be.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and sufficient logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still comply with codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the growth of damaging mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in St. Louis, MO:
St. Louis, MO Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in a variety of industries in St. Louis, MO, nationwide, and around the globe. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are aptly certified and credentialed and can give you customized solutions, 24/7. For reliable, efficient, and accurate archival storage in St. Louis, MO with outstanding customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.