Archival Storage Oakland, CA
Archival Storage in Oakland, CA. You can’t take any chances on quality when it comes to preserving priceless, rare, or important objects. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage units in Oakland, CA for more than two decades. Our chambers and rooms have outstanding temperature control that guarantees your items will be preserved. We offer impeccable and unequaled accuracy, durability, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each Oakland, CA client’s unique needs, and our chambers all come with numerous available features and custom options as well. If you require archival storage in Oakland, CA, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Oakland, CA Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for numerous different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made exactly for a client’s requirements. When it comes to archival storage of priceless media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideal for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at steady temperatures. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all harm old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can result in mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at consistent temperatures and will deteriorate if exposed to outside contaminants. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from dust and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings crack or misshape in reaction to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also damage the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are susceptible to a sort of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if stored incorrectly. The Image Permanence Institute advises storing specific sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to store books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Oakland, CA are capable of exceptional temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F). Our archival storage units have precise temperature control within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most artifacts do not require humidification to be appropriately preserved, but we can tack on that feature for atypical archival storage uses.
Besides maintaining a consistent environment and keeping the objects safe from mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage rooms in Oakland, CA will keep your valuables safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made threats. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers adhere to NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Furthermore, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. All of our units have LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will be as cost-effective as possible. Contact Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your items in Oakland, CA are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Click on the following links to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Oakland, CA:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Oakland, CA
Beyond precision, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and various service options throughout the lifespan of your unit. Regardless of your company’s limitations or individual requirements, we will find the best archival storage options for you.
If you don’t have the space at your Oakland, CA facility, we can store your books, paintings, photographs, or films for you. We have the space and environmental specifications that you need. We observe our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to ensure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and have backup generators onsite so your items will never be jeopardized by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the only financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. The benefits of leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple systems at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered systems that we can get within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your Oakland, CA location as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Oakland, CA are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help shield your investment and put you at ease.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are working to the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the requirements you need them to be.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the above services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have sufficient logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still comply with codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prevent the spread of harmful contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Oakland, CA:
Oakland, CA Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Oakland, CA, nationwide, and all over the world. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized solutions, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Oakland, CA that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.