Archival Storage Buffalo, NY
Archival Storage in Buffalo, NY. When it comes to priceless, rare, and important artifacts, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in Buffalo, NY for more than two decades. Our chambers and rooms have only the best temperature and humidity control so you get the best results. We offer flawless and unsurpassed accuracy, longevity, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each Buffalo, NY client, and our chambers all come with many available features and custom options too. If you need archival storage in Buffalo, NY, reach out to us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Buffalo, NY Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for a variety of different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a client’s requirements. In the matter of archival storage of priceless media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfectly suited for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books reactive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be kept at consistent temperatures within the correct range. Outside pollutants such as dust, sunlight, or insects can damage old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can result in mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in great condition.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at consistent temperatures and away from outside impurities. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from insects and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings crack or misshape when subjected to temperature or humidity variations. Light and dust can also affect the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a type of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute endorses storing certain sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s flexible line of archival storage units the ideal fit for your film storing needs.
Generally, books, paper, and paintings are kept at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in Buffalo, NY are capable of phenomenal temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with a precision within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is rare for storing items, but we can add that humidification capabilities for unconventional archival storage utilization.
In addition to maintaining a stable temperature and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers in Buffalo, NY will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made risks. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers are designed in accordance with NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. Our units also come with LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your document and film preservation will also be great for your bottom line. Call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to guarantee that your artifacts in Buffalo, NY are preserved as long as you need them to be.
Click on the following links to see the complete spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Buffalo, NY:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Buffalo, NY
Beyond accuracy, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and a variety of service options throughout the lifespan of your unit. Whatever your company’s restraints or individual needs, we work with you to find a solution that works.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our Buffalo, NY clients that do not currently have room themselves. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you need. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to ensure they’re at the proper temperature and humidity, and have backup generators onsite so your items will never be put at risk by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the only financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. The advantages to leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Easier budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple units at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we can get within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Buffalo, NY site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Buffalo, NY are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems are working to the requirements you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is working as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and complete logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prevent the growth of harmful mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Buffalo, NY:
Buffalo, NY Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Buffalo, NY, across the United States, and around the globe. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are aptly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized solutions, 24/7. For dependable, efficient, and accurate archival storage in Buffalo, NY with outstanding customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.