San Diego, CA
Archival Storage San Diego, CA
Archival Storage in San Diego, CA. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important artifacts. Darwin Chambers has been an innovative designer, manufacturer, and installer of archival storage rooms and chambers in San Diego, CA for over two decades. Our chambers and rooms have exceptional temperature control that guarantees your items will be preserved. We offer exemplary and unparalleled accuracy, durability, and customer care. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are personalized for each San Diego, CA client, and our chambers all come with many available features and custom options as well. For archival storage in San Diego, CA, reach out to us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | San Diego, CA Archival Storage
We work for a variety of different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a customer’s needs. With regards to archival storage of priceless media and books, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect configurations to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfectly suited for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should remain at stable temperatures. Outside contaminants such as dust, sunlight, or insects can harm old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can lead to mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be kept at stable temperatures and will deteriorate if introduced to outside impurities. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from insects and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings split or warp when subjected to temperature or humidity changes. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are susceptible to a kind of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute suggests storing certain types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to store books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in San Diego, CA can be customized to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is uncommon for storing artifacts, but we can tack on that humidification systems for unconventional archival storage applications.
Besides maintaining a steady environment and keeping the objects safe from mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in San Diego, CA will keep your valuables safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made risks. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers follow NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Also, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will also be great for your bottom line. Get in touch with Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your artifacts as long as required.
Check out the links below to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in San Diego, CA:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in San Diego, CA
Besides precision, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and many different service options for as long as you have your unit. Whatever your company’s limitations or specific needs, we will find a solution that works.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our San Diego, CA clients that do not currently have room themselves. We have the space and environmental specifications that you require. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to ensure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and have backup generators onsite so your artifacts will never be put at risk by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need whatever their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Easier budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple units at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered systems that we can ship to you within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your San Diego, CA site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in San Diego, CA are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems are working to the specifications you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your unit is functioning as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and adequate data records.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still abide by codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the spread of harmful contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in San Diego, CA:
San Diego, CA Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in San Diego, CA, nationwide, and all over the world. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you customized solutions, 24/7. For an archival storage company in San Diego, CA that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.