Archival Storage Toronto, ON
Archival Storage in Toronto, ON. When it comes to invaluable, rare, and important media, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in Toronto, ON for more than 20 years. Our units have exceptional temperature control that ensures your items will be protected. We offer impeccable and unrivaled accuracy, reliability, and customer care. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each Toronto, ON client, and our chambers all come with many optional features and custom options too. For archival storage in Toronto, ON, get in touch with us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Toronto, ON Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for a variety of different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made specifically for a customer’s requirements. With regards to archival storage of invaluable media and documents, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect configurations to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfectly suited for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books easily damaged due to temperature and humidity changes, and should be kept at consistent temperatures within the appropriate range. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all damage old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can lead to mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in great condition.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at stable temperatures and away from outside impurities. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from mold and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings crack or bend when subjected to temperature or humidity changes. Light and dust can also affect the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a sort of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if stored inadequately. The Image Permanence Institute recommends storing specific types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s flexible line of archival storage units the ideal fit for your film storing needs.
The standard is to preserve books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in Toronto, ON are capable of phenomenal temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is rare for storing items, but we can tack on that humidification capabilities for unusual archival storage applications.
In addition to keeping a stable temperature and keeping the objects free of mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage rooms in Toronto, ON will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made risks. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers abide by NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that give off less radiant heat and more light with less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your artifact preservation will be as cost-effective as possible. Reach out to Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your artifacts in Toronto, ON are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Click on the links below to see the full spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Toronto, ON:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Toronto, ON
In addition to our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and a variety of service options for as long as you have your unit. Regardless of your company’s limitations or individual requirements, we will find a solution that works.
If you lack the space at your Toronto, ON facility, we can store your items for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you require. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to make sure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and our backup generators guarantee that your books, paintings, photographs, or films will never be jeopardized by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need whatever their budget. The advantages to leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple systems at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered systems that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Toronto, ON site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Toronto, ON are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your archival storage chamber or room and give you peace of mind.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems are running to the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your unit is working as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and adequate data records.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still abide by codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the growth of damaging mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Toronto, ON:
Toronto, ON Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in numerous industries in Toronto, ON, nationwide, and all over the world. We customize each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are appropriately certified and credentialed and can give you customized troubleshooting, 24/7. For reliable, efficient, and precise archival storage in Toronto, ON with outstanding customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.