Archival Storage Pittsburgh, PA
Archival Storage in Pittsburgh, PA. When it comes to priceless, rare, and important media, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in Pittsburgh, PA for over 20 years. Our units have only the best temperature and humidity control so you get the best results. We offer impeccable and unmatched precision, longevity, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are tailored for each Pittsburgh, PA client, and our chambers all come with a variety of available features and custom options too. If you need archival storage in Pittsburgh, PA, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Pittsburgh, PA Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for many different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a customer’s needs. In the matter of archival storage of priceless media and documents, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect configurations to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideally suited for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be kept at stable temperatures. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all degrade old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can result in mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at steady temperatures and will deteriorate if exposed to outside impurities. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from grime and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings split or bend when subjected to temperature or humidity changes. Light and dust can also affect the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a sort of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if stored incorrectly. The Image Permanence Institute suggests storing specific types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units the perfect fit for your film storing needs.
Usually, books, paper, and paintings are kept at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are kept at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in Pittsburgh, PA can be customized to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F). Our archival storage units have precise temperature control within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most artifacts do not need humidification to be properly preserved, but we can add that feature for atypical archival storage applications.
Beyond maintaining a steady temperature and keeping the objects free of mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers in Pittsburgh, PA will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers comply with NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your media preservation will be as cost-effective as possible. Contact Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your artifacts as long as required.
Take a look at the following links to see the complete spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Pittsburgh, PA:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Pittsburgh, PA
In addition to precision, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers various services to our Pittsburgh, PA archival storage clients that help set us apart from other providers. Regardless of your company’s restraints or specific needs, we have the best archival storage options for you.
If you don’t have the space at your Pittsburgh, PA facility, we can store your items for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you require. We observe our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to make sure they’re at the proper temperature and humidity, and our backup generators guarantee that your artifacts will never be endangered by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the only financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Easier budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple systems at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered systems that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your Pittsburgh, PA site as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Pittsburgh, PA are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are running to the requirements you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the specifications you need them to be.
- Service Plans to troubleshoot and repair any issues, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and adequate logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prevent the growth of damaging mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Pittsburgh, PA:
Pittsburgh, PA Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Pittsburgh, PA, nationwide, and all over the world. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are aptly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized troubleshooting, 24/7. For dependable, efficient, and precise archival storage in Pittsburgh, PA with amazing customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.