Archival Storage. When it comes to priceless, rare, or important items, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers for over 20 years. Our units have outstanding temperature control that ensures your items will be preserved. We offer impeccable and unmatched precision, durability, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each client, and our chambers all come with a variety of available features and custom options as well. If you need archival storage, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features
We work with a variety of different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and we manufacture rooms and chambers precisely to a client’s needs. When it comes to archival storage of invaluable media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideal for:
- Old and rare books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity, and should be maintained at stable temperatures. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all harm and degrade old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can lead to mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in their present state.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be kept at stable temperatures and away from outside contaminants. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from dust and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings crack or warp in reaction to temperature or humidity fluctuations.
- Films and microfiche: Films are prone to a type of decay called “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute recommends storing certain types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
Typically, books, paper, and paintings are stored at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our rooms and chambers are capable of exceptional temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F). Our archival storage units have precise temperature control within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most media do not require humidification to be properly preserved, but we can add that feature for unusual archival storage applications.
In addition to maintaining a stable temperature and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made threats. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers are compliant with NFPA Codes and Standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that produce less radiant heat and more light with less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your media preservation will be as cost-effective as possible. Call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your artifacts are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Click on the links below to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage rooms and chambers:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage
In addition to precision and accuracy, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers a variety of services to our archival storage clients that help set us apart from other providers. No matter your company’s limitations or specific needs, we work with you to find a solution that works.
If you lack the space at your facility, we can store your products for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you need. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to ensure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and have backup generators onsite so your items will never be jeopardized by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the few financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. The benefits of leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Easier budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can acquire multiple pieces of equipment at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your investment and provide peace of mind.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are running to the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the standards you need them to be.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the above services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and sufficient logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to suppress the growth of harmful mold, mildew, or bacteria.
Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in a variety of industries across the United States and around the globe. We tailor each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are appropriately certified and credentialed and can give you customized solutions, 24/7. For reliable, efficient, and precise archival storage with exceptional customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.