San Francisco, CA
Archival Storage San Francisco, CA
Archival Storage in San Francisco, CA. When it comes to invaluable, rare, and important objects, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an innovative designer, manufacturer, and installer of archival storage units in San Francisco, CA for over 20 years. Our units have excellent temperature control that ensures your items will be preserved. We offer flawless and unsurpassed precision, reliability, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each San Francisco, CA client, and our chambers all come with many available features and custom options as well. If you require archival storage in San Francisco, CA, get in touch with us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | San Francisco, CA Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for a variety of different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made precisely for a customer’s needs. When it comes to archival storage of invaluable media and documents, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfectly suited for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books easily damaged due to temperature and humidity changes, and should remain at consistent temperatures within the appropriate range. Outside impurities such as dust, sunlight, or insects can degrade old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can result in mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at stable temperatures and will deteriorate if introduced to outside impurities. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from grime and sunlight, an archival storage chamber is the only way to guarantee that they will not be damaged.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings crack or distort in reaction to temperature or humidity changes. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a type of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if stored inadequately. The Image Permanence Institute endorses storing certain kind of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s flexible line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to store books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in San Francisco, CA are capable of exceptional temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most artifacts do not require humidification to be properly preserved, but we can add that humidification capabilities for atypical archival storage utilization.
In addition to keeping a steady temperature and keeping the objects free of mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in San Francisco, CA will keep your artifacts safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers abide by NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will also be great for your bottom line. Get in touch with Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your books, paintings, photographs, or films in San Francisco, CA are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Check out the links below to see the complete specifications and optional features of our archival storage in San Francisco, CA:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in San Francisco, CA
In addition to precision, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers various services to our San Francisco, CA archival storage clients that help set us apart from other providers. No matter your company’s limitations or individual needs, we will find a solution that works.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our San Francisco, CA clients that do not currently have room themselves. We have the space and environmental specifications that you require. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to confirm they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and have backup generators onsite so your items will never be threatened by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the only financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Easier budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple systems at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered systems that we can get within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your San Francisco, CA location as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in San Francisco, CA are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help shield your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to confirm our archival storage systems meet the specifications you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your unit is working as intended.
- Service Plans to troubleshoot and repair any issues, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and sufficient logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still comply with codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prohibit the spread of damaging contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in San Francisco, CA:
San Francisco, CA Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in numerous industries in San Francisco, CA, across the United States, and around the globe. We customize each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are appropriately certified and credentialed and can give you customized troubleshooting, 24/7. For dependable, efficient, and precise archival storage in San Francisco, CA with outstanding customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.