Archival Storage Rochester, NY
Archival Storage in Rochester, NY. When it comes to priceless, rare, and important items, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an innovative designer, manufacturer, and installer of archival storage units in Rochester, NY for more than 20 years. Our chambers and rooms have outstanding temperature control that assure that your items will be preserved. We offer flawless and unequaled precision, durability, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each Rochester, NY client’s individual needs, and our chambers all come with a variety of available features and custom options too. For archival storage in Rochester, NY, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Rochester, NY Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for numerous different types of companies, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a client’s needs. In the matter of archival storage of priceless media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will get to understand your needs to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideally suited for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be maintained at consistent temperatures within the correct range. Outside pollutants such as dust, sunlight, or insects can damage old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in great condition.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at steady temperatures and away from outside pollutants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from mold and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings crack or warp when subjected to temperature or humidity variations. Light and dust can also damage the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are prone to a sort of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if stored inadequately. The Image Permanence Institute endorses storing specific kind of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s flexible line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
Generally, books, paper, and paintings are preserved at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are kept at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Rochester, NY can be customized to temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F). Our archival storage units have precise temperature control within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most media do not necessitate humidification to be correctly preserved, but we can tack on that humidification systems for unusual archival storage utilization.
Beyond keeping a stable temperature and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in Rochester, NY will keep your artifacts safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made risks. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers adhere to NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will also be great for your bottom line. Call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your artifacts as long as required.
Check out the following links to see the complete specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Rochester, NY:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Rochester, NY
In addition to precision, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers various services to our Rochester, NY archival storage clients that help set us apart from other manufacturers. Whatever your company’s limitations or specific requirements, we work with you to find a solution that works.
If you lack the room at your Rochester, NY facility, we can store your items for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you need. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms around the clock to confirm they’re at the proper temperature and humidity, and our backup generators guarantee that your items will never be compromised by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need no matter their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple pieces of equipment at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we can ship to you within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Rochester, NY location for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Rochester, NY are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your investment and give you peace of mind.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems meet the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is working as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and adequate logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still abide by codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prohibit the spread of damaging contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Rochester, NY:
Rochester, NY Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Rochester, NY, nationwide, and around the globe. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized troubleshooting, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Rochester, NY that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.