Long Island, NY
Archival Storage Long Island, NY
Archival Storage in Long Island, NY. When it comes to priceless, rare, and important media, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an innovative designer, manufacturer, and installer of archival storage rooms and chambers in Long Island, NY for more than two decades. Our units have only the best temperature and humidity control so you get the best results. We offer exemplary and unparalleled precision, durability, and customer care. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are tailored for each Long Island, NY client’s unique needs, and our chambers all come with a variety of optional features and custom options as well. If you need archival storage in Long Island, NY, get in touch with us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Long Island, NY Archival Storage
We work for numerous different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made exactly for a customer’s needs. With regards to archival storage of priceless media and books, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfectly suited for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books reactive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be kept at steady temperatures. Outside impurities such as dust, sunlight, or insects can harm old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can lead to mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at steady temperatures and away from outside impurities. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from dust and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings split or bend in reaction to temperature or humidity fluctuations. Light and dust can also damage the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a sort of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute advises storing specific sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s flexible line of archival storage units the perfect fit for your film storing needs.
The standard is to preserve books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Long Island, NY are capable of remarkable temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most artifacts do not require humidification to be properly preserved, but we can tack on that humidification capabilities for unconventional archival storage applications.
Beyond keeping a consistent environment and keeping the objects free of mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers in Long Island, NY will keep your valuables safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers abide by NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will be as cost-effective as possible. Call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your books, paintings, photographs, or films as long as required.
Check out the links below to see the complete spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Long Island, NY:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Long Island, NY
Beyond accuracy, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and a variety of service options for as long as you have your unit. Regardless of your company’s restraints or specific requirements, we work with you to find the best archival storage options for you.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our Long Island, NY clients that do not currently have room themselves. We have the space and environmental specifications that you require. We observe our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to verify they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and have backup generators onsite so your items will never be compromised by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the only financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Easier budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can acquire multiple pieces of equipment at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your Long Island, NY location as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Long Island, NY are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are working to the specifications you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is working as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have sufficient logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still adhere to codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prohibit the growth of damaging mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Long Island, NY:
Long Island, NY Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in numerous industries in Long Island, NY, across the United States, and all over the world. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized solutions, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Long Island, NY that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.