Archival Storage Raleigh, NC
Archival Storage in Raleigh, NC. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving priceless, rare, or important items. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in Raleigh, NC for more than two decades. Our chambers and rooms have exceptional temperature control that assure that your items will be preserved. We offer impeccable and unrivaled accuracy, durability, and customer care. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are tailored for each Raleigh, NC client’s individual needs, and our chambers all come with numerous optional features and custom options as well. For archival storage in Raleigh, NC, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Raleigh, NC Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for a variety of different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made specifically for a customer’s requirements. With regards to archival storage of invaluable media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect configurations to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideally suited for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books easily damaged due to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at stable temperatures. Outside pollutants such as dust, sunlight, or insects can harm old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can lead to mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in great condition.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at steady temperatures and away from outside contaminants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from mold and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings split or warp in response to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also affect the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are vulnerable to a type of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if preserved improperly. The Image Permanence Institute endorses storing specific kind of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units the ideal fit for your film storing needs.
The standard is to store books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Raleigh, NC are capable of phenomenal temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is uncommon for storing items, but we can tack on that humidification capabilities for unconventional archival storage uses.
Beyond maintaining a stable temperature and keeping the objects safe from mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in Raleigh, NC will keep your artifacts safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers comply with NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Furthermore, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your media preservation will be as cost-effective as possible. Call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your books, paintings, photographs, or films as long as required.
Click on the links below to see the full spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Raleigh, NC:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Raleigh, NC
Besides our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and a variety of service options for as long as you have your unit. Regardless of your company’s restraints or individual needs, we will find the best archival storage options for you.
If you don’t have the space at your Raleigh, NC facility, we can store your items for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you need. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms around the clock to confirm they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and our backup generators guarantee that your items will never be endangered by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need no matter their budget. The advantages to leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Easier budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can acquire multiple pieces of equipment at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we can ship to you within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Raleigh, NC site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Raleigh, NC are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your archival storage chamber or room and give you peace of mind.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems meet the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is working as intended.
- Service Plans to troubleshoot and repair any issues, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and sufficient data records.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still adhere to codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the growth of harmful mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Raleigh, NC:
Raleigh, NC Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in numerous industries in Raleigh, NC, nationwide, and all over the world. We customize each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you customized troubleshooting, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Raleigh, NC that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.