Archival Storage Columbus, OH
Archival Storage in Columbus, OH. When it comes to invaluable, rare, and important objects, you can’t leave anything to chance. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in Columbus, OH for over 20 years. Our chambers and rooms have outstanding temperature control that assure that your items will be protected. We offer exemplary and unparalleled accuracy, longevity, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each Columbus, OH client, and our chambers all come with numerous optional features and custom options too. For archival storage in Columbus, OH, get in touch with us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Columbus, OH Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for a variety of different types of companies, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a client’s requirements. With regards to archival storage of invaluable media and documents, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfect for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books react strongly to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at stable temperatures. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all damage old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be kept at stable temperatures and away from outside contaminants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from mold and sunlight, both have their disadvantages.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings split or misshape in response to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also affect the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are prone to a kind of decay called “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute endorses storing specific sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to keep books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are kept at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Columbus, OH can be customized to temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F). Our archival storage units have precise temperature control within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is rare for storing media, but we can add that feature for unconventional archival storage uses.
Besides maintaining a consistent environment and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers in Columbus, OH will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers are compliant with NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Additionally, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. Our units also come with LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your media preservation will also be great for your bottom line. Get in touch with Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your books, paintings, photographs, or films as long as necessary.
Click on the following links to see the complete specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Columbus, OH:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Advantages to Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Columbus, OH
In addition to our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and numerous service options for as long as you have your unit. No matter your company’s restraints or specific requirements, we have the best archival storage options for you.
If you don’t have the room at your Columbus, OH facility, we can store your items for you. We have the space and environmental specifications that you need. We observe our chambers and walk-in rooms around the clock to make sure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and have backup generators onsite so your artifacts will never be compromised by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need regardless of their budget. The advantages to leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Easier budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can acquire multiple pieces of equipment at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we can ship to you within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Columbus, OH site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Columbus, OH are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your investment and put you at ease.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems meet the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the requirements you need them to be.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have complete logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still adhere to codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the spread of damaging contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Columbus, OH:
Columbus, OH Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in many different industries in Columbus, OH, nationwide, and all over the world. We tailor each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are appropriately certified and credentialed and can give you customized solutions, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Columbus, OH that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.