Archival Storage Austin, TX
Archival Storage in Austin, TX. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving priceless, rare, or important media. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in Austin, TX for over 20 years. Our chambers and rooms have outstanding temperature control that assure that your items will be protected. We offer flawless and unequaled accuracy, longevity, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each Austin, TX client, and our chambers all come with many optional features and custom options as well. For archival storage in Austin, TX, get in touch with us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Austin, TX Archival Storage
We design and manufacture walk-in rooms and environmental chambers for a variety of different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made uniquely for a client’s requirements. When it comes to archival storage of priceless media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfect for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books reactive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be maintained at consistent temperatures within the correct range. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all damage old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can lead to mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be kept at consistent temperatures and away from outside pollutants. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from insects and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings split or misshape when subjected to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are prone to a sort of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if stored incorrectly. The Image Permanence Institute suggests storing certain sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units the ideal fit for your film storing needs.
Usually, books, paper, and paintings are kept at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in Austin, TX can be customized to temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F). Our archival storage units have precise temperature control within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most documents and films do not need humidification to be properly preserved, but we can add that humidification capabilities for atypical archival storage applications.
Besides keeping a stable temperature and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in Austin, TX will keep your valuables safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers follow NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Furthermore, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. We use LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your media preservation will also be great for your bottom line. Get in touch with Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your books, paintings, photographs, or films as long as required.
Take a look at the links below to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Austin, TX:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Austin, TX
In addition to our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and many different service options throughout the lifespan of your unit. Whatever your company’s restraints or individual needs, we work with you to find the best archival storage options for you.
If you don’t have the room at your Austin, TX facility, we can store your items for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you require. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to make sure they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and our backup generators guarantee that your items will never be jeopardized by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need no matter their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple pieces of equipment at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new equipment
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Austin, TX site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Austin, TX are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your investment and give you peace of mind.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are running to the specifications you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the requirements you need them to be.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the above services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have complete data records.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the spread of harmful contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Austin, TX:
Austin, TX Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in numerous industries in Austin, TX, across the United States, and all over the world. We customize each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized troubleshooting, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Austin, TX that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.