Insect Rearing Chambers
Insect Rearing Chamber [city], [state]
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in [city], [state].
Insect Rearing Chambers [city], [state]. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in [city], [state] that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimens. The [city], [state] insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimens while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in [city], [state], contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chamber [city] – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers [city], [state]
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can quickly break down a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels, as droplets of concentrated acid will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in only 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. However, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Critical details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off all heat or cold producing equipment in an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in [city], [state]. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Find out more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is exact. It generates very little heat, which requires a smaller compressor, which leads to lower energy usage. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles that act to combat bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to imitate nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are exceptionally accurate and reliable. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in [city], [state] are easy to set. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers [city], [state] – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your insect-related work differ so greatly, what you need from your [city], [state] insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and leading scientific study, product testing, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, [city], [state] insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a quality insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the object of your insect work. We have engineered a series of insect rearing chambers in [city], [state] that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Learn more about the products we carry for [city], [state] insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers throughout the world. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional features to consider when contemplating our insect rearing rooms for use in [city], [state].
Due to the size and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety considerations such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have taken measures like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. These models are appropriate for use in environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers [city], [state] – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best [city], [state] insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in [city], [state]. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in [city], [state] and start customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.