Archival Storage Charlotte, NC
Archival Storage in Charlotte, NC. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving priceless, rare, or important items. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage units in Charlotte, NC for over two decades. Our chambers and rooms have only the best temperature and humidity control so you get the best results. We offer exemplary and unrivaled accuracy, durability, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each Charlotte, NC client’s specific needs, and our chambers all come with numerous available features and custom options as well. If you need archival storage in Charlotte, NC, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Charlotte, NC Archival Storage
We work for a variety of different industries, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made specifically for a customer’s needs. When it comes to archival storage of invaluable media and books, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect configurations to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideal for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should remain at consistent temperatures within the correct range. Outside impurities such as dust, sunlight, or insects can degrade old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in their present state.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at consistent temperatures and will deteriorate if exposed to outside contaminants. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from grime and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings crack or warp when subjected to temperature or humidity fluctuations. Light and dust can also damage the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are prone to a sort of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if stored improperly. The Image Permanence Institute endorses storing specific kind of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s flexible line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to store books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Charlotte, NC can be calibrated to temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with a precision within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is rare for storing artifacts, but we can add that humidification systems for unconventional archival storage implementations.
Besides keeping a stable environment and keeping the objects free of mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in Charlotte, NC will keep your artifacts safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made threats. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers adhere to NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Furthermore, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. All of our units have LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will also be great for your bottom line. Call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your items in Charlotte, NC are preserved as long as you need them to be.
Click on the following links to see the full spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Charlotte, NC:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Charlotte, NC
Besides our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and numerous service options for as long as you have your unit. No matter your company’s limitations or individual needs, we work with you to find a solution that works.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our Charlotte, NC clients that do not currently have room themselves. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you need. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to ensure they’re at the appropriate temperature and humidity, and our backup generators guarantee that your artifacts will never be endangered by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need whatever their budget. The benefits of leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Easier budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple pieces of equipment at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we can get within 15 business days. We have a variety of pre-made archival storage units, and we will give you a full list of the ones that fit your needs. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Charlotte, NC site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Charlotte, NC are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your investment and give you peace of mind.
- Calibration to confirm our archival storage systems meet the requirements you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, complete with documented records that the design, manufacture, and installation of your archival storage unit are up to the specifications you need them to be.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the above services.
- Virtual Touchscreens to ensure ease of use and complete logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to suppress the spread of harmful contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Charlotte, NC:
Charlotte, NC Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in a variety of industries in Charlotte, NC, across the United States, and around the globe. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are appropriately certified and credentialed and can give you customized solutions, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Charlotte, NC that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.