Archival Storage Minneapolis, MN
Archival Storage in Minneapolis, MN. You can’t take any chances on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important items. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage rooms and chambers in Minneapolis, MN for more than 20 years. Our units have only the best temperature and humidity control so you get the best results. We offer exemplary and unequaled accuracy, reliability, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each Minneapolis, MN client, and our chambers all come with a variety of optional features and custom options too. If you require archival storage in Minneapolis, MN, call us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Minneapolis, MN Archival Storage
We work for many different fields, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made exactly for a customer’s requirements. With regards to archival storage of invaluable media and books, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect features to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideal for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books reactive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be maintained at consistent temperatures within the correct range. Sunlight, dust, insects, and other natural elements can all degrade old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can result in mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in their present state.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at stable temperatures and will deteriorate if introduced to outside impurities. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from grime and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings split or warp when subjected to temperature or humidity variations. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are disposed to a type of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if preserved improperly. The Image Permanence Institute advises storing specific types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s easily adapted line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
Generally, books, paper, and paintings are stored at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are kept at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Minneapolis, MN can be calibrated to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is rare for storing artifacts, but we can tack on that feature for unconventional archival storage implementations.
In addition to maintaining a stable temperature and keeping the objects free of dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage rooms in Minneapolis, MN will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. Each one our archival storage rooms and chambers adhere to NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Furthermore, we install a personnel emergency alarm in every walk-in room, complete with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. All of our units have LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your archival storage system will be as cost-effective as possible. Contact Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 for archival storage chambers or rooms that will preserve your books, paintings, photographs, or films as long as necessary.
Click on the links below to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Minneapolis, MN:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Minneapolis, MN
Besides precision, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and various service options throughout the lifespan of your unit. Whatever your company’s restraints or specific needs, we have a solution that works.
If you don’t have the space at your Minneapolis, MN facility, we can store your items for you. We have the space and environmental specifications that you require. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to ensure they’re at the proper temperature and humidity, and have backup generators onsite so your artifacts will never be compromised by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need regardless of their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Easier budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple pieces of equipment at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Minneapolis, MN location for the installation as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Minneapolis, MN are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help shield your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems are working to the requirements you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is functioning as intended.
- Service Plans to troubleshoot and repair any issues, or need any of the aforementioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have complete logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still comply with codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prohibit the growth of harmful mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Minneapolis, MN:
Minneapolis, MN Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Minneapolis, MN, nationwide, and around the globe. We customize each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are aptly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized troubleshooting, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Minneapolis, MN that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.