Archival Storage Madison, WI
Archival Storage in Madison, WI. You can’t take any chances on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important media. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage units in Madison, WI for more than 20 years. Our chambers and rooms have only the best temperature and humidity control so you get the best results. We offer exemplary and unequaled accuracy, reliability, and customer service. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are customized for each Madison, WI client’s specific needs, and our chambers all come with many available features and custom options as well. If you need archival storage in Madison, WI, reach out to us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Madison, WI Archival Storage
We work for many different types of businesses, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made precisely for a customer’s requirements. With regards to archival storage of invaluable media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect configurations to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfect for:
- Old books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be kept at steady temperatures. Outside pollutants such as dust, sunlight, or insects can degrade old books. Humidity of more than 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books remain in great condition.
- Photographs: Photographs must also remain at consistent temperatures and away from outside pollutants. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from mold and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings crack or bend when subjected to temperature or humidity fluctuations. Light and dust can also damage the paint.
- Films and microfiche: Films are susceptible to a kind of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if preserved incorrectly. The Image Permanence Institute advises storing certain sorts of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which which makes Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units the perfect fit for your film storing needs.
Typically, books, paper, and paintings are stored at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are stored at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in Madison, WI can be calibrated to temperature control anywhere from 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is uncommon for storing media, but we can tack on that feature for unusual archival storage implementations.
Besides keeping a consistent environment and keeping the objects free of mold, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in Madison, WI will keep your artifacts safe from fires, pollutants, or any other non-natural occurrences. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers abide by NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Also, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, with a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. All of our units have LED lights that use much less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your media preservation will also be great for your bottom line. Get in touch with Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your artifacts in Madison, WI are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Click on the following links to see the complete spec list and optional features of our archival storage in Madison, WI:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Darwin Chambers’s Archival Storage in Madison, WI
Beyond our high quality products, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and various service options throughout the lifespan of your unit. Regardless of your company’s restraints or individual requirements, we work with you to find the best archival storage options for you.
We have archival storage space at our own facility for our Madison, WI clients that do not currently have room themselves. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you require. We observe our chambers and walk-in rooms 24/7 to confirm they’re at the temperature and humidity required, and our backup generators guarantee that your items will never be threatened by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need whatever their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can acquire multiple systems at the same time
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered rooms and chambers that we guarantee you will receive within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your Madison, WI site as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Madison, WI are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help protect your archival storage chamber or room and give you peace of mind.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems meet the standard you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your unit is working as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have adequate logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will still comply with codes and regulations that haven’t been implemented yet.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to prohibit the spread of harmful contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Madison, WI:
Madison, WI Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers serves our clients in a variety of industries in Madison, WI, nationwide, and all over the world. We customize each one of our archival storage units to each client’s particular needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you customized troubleshooting, 24/7. For dependable, efficient, and precise archival storage in Madison, WI with amazing customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.