Kansas City, MO
Archival Storage Kansas City, MO
Archival Storage in Kansas City, MO. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important objects. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage units in Kansas City, MO for over 20 years. Our chambers and rooms have only the best temperature and humidity control so you get the best results. We offer exemplary and unsurpassed accuracy, durability, and customer care. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are tailored for each Kansas City, MO client’s individual needs, and our chambers all come with many optional features and custom options too. For archival storage in Kansas City, MO, get in touch with us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Kansas City, MO Archival Storage
We work for a variety of different types of businesses, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made exactly for a customer’s requirements. When it comes to archival storage of priceless media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are perfectly suited for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books react strongly to temperature and humidity changes, and should stay at stable temperatures. Outside contaminants such as dust, sunlight, or insects can harm old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can cause mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be kept at steady temperatures and away from outside pollutants. While there are paper and plastic cases that may protect photographs from grime and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both panel paintings and canvas paintings split or distort in reaction to temperature or humidity fluctuations. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are vulnerable to a sort of decay known as “vinegar syndrome” if stored incorrectly. The Image Permanence Institute recommends storing certain types of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s flexible line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to preserve books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are kept at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. However, our archival storage in Kansas City, MO can be calibrated to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with a precision within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Most items do not need humidification to be correctly preserved, but we can add that humidification systems for unusual archival storage utilization.
Besides keeping a steady temperature and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers and rooms in Kansas City, MO will keep your documents safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made threats. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers are compliant with NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Also, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will set off both an audible and visual alarm. Our units also come with LED lights that produce less radiant heat and more light with less energy than fluorescent bulbs, so your document and film preservation will also be great for your bottom line. Contact Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your items in Kansas City, MO are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Click on the links below to see the full specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Kansas City, MO:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Kansas City, MO
In addition to accuracy, durability, and versatility, Darwin Chambers offers top-notch customer service and a variety of service options throughout the lifespan of your unit. Regardless of your company’s restraints or individual requirements, we have the best archival storage options for you.
If you don’t have the room at your Kansas City, MO facility, we can store your artifacts for you. We’ll provide the space and environmental specifications that you need. We keep an eye on our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to confirm they’re at the appropriate temperature and humidity, and our backup generators guarantee that your books, paintings, photographs, or films will never be jeopardized by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We partner with Leaf Commercial Capital, one of the few financing companies that understand environmental rooms and chambers. The benefits of leasing with a buy-out or financing are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Lower upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can obtain multiple systems at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code allows you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we can get within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. After you place your order, we’ll consult with our Walk-In Manager to get the room or chamber installed at your Kansas City, MO site as soon as possible.
Other benefits of choosing Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Kansas City, MO are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help safeguard your archival storage chamber or room and put you at ease.
- Calibration to ensure our archival storage systems are working to the requirements you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your system is functioning as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the previously mentioned services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have adequate logging of data.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to impede the growth of harmful mold, mildew, or bacteria.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Kansas City, MO:
Kansas City, MO Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Kansas City, MO, across the United States, and all over the world. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are aptly certified and credentialed and can give you personalized troubleshooting, 24/7. For reliable, efficient, and precise archival storage in Kansas City, MO with amazing customer service, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.