Archival Storage Boston, MA
Archival Storage in Boston, MA. You can’t gamble on quality when it comes to preserving invaluable, rare, or important artifacts. Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in archival storage units in Boston, MA for more than 20 years. Our units have excellent temperature control that assure that your items will be protected. We offer impeccable and unsurpassed precision, longevity, and ability to offer customized solutions to our clients. Our archival storage walk-in rooms are custom-built for each Boston, MA client’s specific needs, and our chambers all come with a variety of optional features and custom options as well. If you require archival storage in Boston, MA, reach out to us today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.
Darwin Chambers’ Archival Storage Features | Boston, MA Archival Storage
We work for numerous different types of businesses, from insect rearing to pharmaceutical storage, and all of our units are made exactly for a client’s needs. In the matter of archival storage of invaluable media and artifacts, Darwin Chambers will work with you to find the perfect settings to preserve them. Our archival storage chambers and rooms are ideal for:
- Rare books and other paper documents: Books are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, and should be maintained at consistent temperatures within the correct range. Outside pollutants such as dust, sunlight, or insects can damage old books. Humidity of over 35%RH can result in mold growth on paper. Archival storage with Darwin Chambers will ensure your books will not deteriorate.
- Photographs: Photographs must also be maintained at steady temperatures and will deteriorate if introduced to outside impurities. While paper and plastic solutions exist that may protect photographs from grime and sunlight, there are downsides to both.
- Paintings: Both wood and canvas paintings split or bend in reaction to temperature or humidity shifts. Light and dust can also damage paint at the molecular level, which causes visible changes.
- Films and microfiche: Films are susceptible to a sort of decay referred to as “vinegar syndrome” if preserved inadequately. The Image Permanence Institute advises storing certain kind of film at freezing or near-freezing temperatures, which Darwin Chambers’s versatile line of archival storage units is more than capable of.
The standard is to store books, paper, and paintings at 10°C (50°F), 30% RH, while film, photographs, and microfilm are preserved at 1.7°C (35°F), 35% RH. Even so, our archival storage in Boston, MA can be calibrated to temperature control between 0°C to 21°C (32°F to 70°F)with an accuracy within ±0.2ºC and humidity control to within ±1%. Humidification is rare for storing documents and films, but we can add that humidification capabilities for unusual archival storage uses.
Besides keeping a consistent environment and keeping the objects safe from dust, light, or water damage, our archival storage chambers in Boston, MA will keep your items safe from fires, pollutants, or other man-made risks. All of our archival storage rooms and chambers adhere to NFPA codes and standards, GSA regulations, and NARA Directive 1571.
Also, all of our walk-in rooms come with a personnel emergency alarm, including a glow-in-the-dark antimicrobial pull cord that will trigger both an audible and visual alarm. Our units also come with LED lights that are much more energy efficient than fluorescent bulbs, so your document and film preservation will be as cost-effective as possible. Contact Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 to ensure that your artifacts in Boston, MA are kept safe as long as you need them to be.
Check out the links below to see the complete specifications and optional features of our archival storage in Boston, MA:
Archival Storage Rooms
Archival Storage ChambersAR030: Single Door Chamber AR055: Two Door Chamber
Benefits of Choosing Darwin Chambers for Your Archival Storage in Boston, MA
Besides our high quality archival storage systems, Darwin Chambers offers various services to our Boston, MA archival storage clients that help set us apart from other manufacturers. Whatever your company’s limitations or individual needs, we have a solution that works.
If you don’t have the space at your Boston, MA facility, we can store your items for you. We have the space and environmental specifications that you require. We monitor our chambers and walk-in rooms at all hours of the day to make sure they’re at the proper temperature and humidity, and have backup generators onsite so your items will never be put at risk by a power outage.
Financing and Leasing
We work with Leaf Commercial Capital to help clients get the archival storage system they need whatever their budget. Some great reasons to lease with a buy-out or finance are:
- Simpler budgeting
- Minimal upfront costs
- Maintain working capital and existing credit lines
- You can purchase multiple pieces of equipment at once
- Section 179 of the IRS Code permits you to deduct the full cost of new property
Quick Ship Program
We have pre-engineered units that we can get within 15 business days. You give us the dimensions you need and we will give you a list of our closest options. Once you place your order we’ll work on getting technicians to your Boston, MA site for the installation as soon as possible.
Other reasons to choose Darwin Chambers for your archival storage in Boston, MA are:
- Preventive Maintenance to help shield your investment and provide peace of mind.
- Calibration to verify our archival storage systems meet the requirements you need them to.
- Validation and Qualification, so you have records and documentation demonstrating that your unit is working as intended.
- Service Plans for when you need your unit repaired, or need any of the above services.
- Virtual Touchscreens so your archival storage unit is easy to and you have adequate data records.
- “Future Proof” Systems so your unit will not become obsolete with the introduction of new best practices or regulations.
- Optional Antimicrobial Handles to suppress the spread of damaging contaminants.
In addition to archival storage, we also offer the following services in Boston, MA:
Boston, MA Archival Storage | Darwin Chambers
Darwin Chambers has been an industry leader in all environmental chambers for over 20 years in Boston, MA, nationwide, and all over the world. All of our archival storage units are made specifically for individual clients and their needs. All of our staff and technicians are properly certified and credentialed and can give you customized solutions, 24/7. For an archival storage company in Boston, MA that gets great results and treats its customers the right way, call Darwin Chambers today at 877-783-6774 or contact us online for a free quote.