Insect Rearing Chambers Washington, DC
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Washington, DC.
Insect Rearing Chambers Washington, DC. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Washington, DC that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Washington are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Washington, DC, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Washington – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Washington, DC
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will quickly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Our competitors rely on large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will know that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can render a new, conventional incubator useless in only 6 months.
That is one obvious cause for concern. There are a number of other issues with standard incubators for insect use as well. The vast majority of incubators are designed for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are not ideal for the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off all heat or cold producing equipment in the event of a malfunction.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Minimal Noise.
- Simple to Program.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers are still operating on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Washington, DC. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles to stop bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to mirror nighttime within the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally well-controlled. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Washington, DC are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Washington, DC – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and other factors related to your insect-related work are so diverse, your needs from your Washington, DC insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers knows that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific research, product testing, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, Washington, DC insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a premium insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the object of your insect work. We have designed a series of insect rearing chambers in Washington, DC that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover more about the models we offer for Washington, DC insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers throughout the world. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications your facility requires. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other characteristics to consider when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Washington, DC.
Because of the size and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we produce all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety considerations including a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for cases where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Washington, DC – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Washington, DC insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Washington, DC. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Find out which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Washington, DC and start customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.