St. Louis, MO
Insect Rearing Chambers St. Louis, MO
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in St. Louis, MO.
Insect Rearing Chambers St. Louis, MO. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in St. Louis, MO that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in St. Louis are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in St. Louis, MO, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers St. Louis – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers St. Louis, MO
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you understand that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can render a new, conventional incubator useless in under 6 months.
This is clearly a major concern. There are a number of other issues with standard incubators for insect use as well. Most incubators are designed for a standard audience and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Critical details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers are still operating on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-part approach:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in St. Louis, MO. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is exact. It generates very little heat, which requires a smaller compressor, which leads to lower energy usage. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to discourage bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows minimal ramp requirements to satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to mirror nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally precise. Our insect rearing chambers in St. Louis, MO come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers St. Louis, MO – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and the specific needs of your work with insects are so diverse, what you need from your St. Louis, MO insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and groundbreaking scientific study, product engineering, and other insect rearing related programs, St. Louis, MO insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You must have a reliable insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have produced a range of insect rearing chambers in St. Louis, MO that can be extensively customized to meet your exact needs. Discover more about the models we offer for St. Louis, MO insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers around the globe. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications your facility requires. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional options to consider when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in St. Louis, MO.
Due to the size and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we create all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is fitted with safety considerations including a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions like an epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. These models are appropriate for use in environments where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers St. Louis, MO – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best St. Louis, MO insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in St. Louis, MO. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that can only be realized when the best products and engineers are used. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in St. Louis, MO and start customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.