Insect Rearing Chambers Jacksonville, FL
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Jacksonville, FL.
Insect Rearing Chambers Jacksonville, FL. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Jacksonville, FL that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Jacksonville are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Jacksonville, FL, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Jacksonville – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Jacksonville, FL
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can rapidly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Our competitors use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you know that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can render a new, conventional incubator useless in under 6 months.
That is one obvious cause for concern. However, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are produced for general use and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Critical details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Simple to Program.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers are still operating on dated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and related research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Jacksonville, FL, we have a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Jacksonville, FL. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is exact. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows minimal ramp requirements to satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally precise. Our insect rearing chambers in Jacksonville, FL come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Jacksonville, FL – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your insect-related work differ so greatly, what you need from your Jacksonville, FL insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and leading scientific research, product development, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, Jacksonville, FL insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a quality insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have engineered a series of insect rearing chambers in Jacksonville, FL that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover more about the lines we carry for Jacksonville, FL insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers throughout the world. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to consider when contemplating our insect rearing rooms for use in Jacksonville, FL.
Due to the size and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we create all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety considerations including an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have taken measures such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for environments where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Jacksonville, FL – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the best Jacksonville, FL insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Jacksonville, FL. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable when the best products and engineers are used. Find out which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Jacksonville, FL and start customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.