Long Island, NY
Insect Rearing Chambers Long Island, NY
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Long Island, NY.
Insect Rearing Chambers Long Island, NY. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Long Island, NY that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Long Island, NY insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Long Island, NY, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Long Island – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Long Island, NY
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will rapidly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue, as droplets of concentrated acid will accumulate on the cooling components. Other providers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in as little as 6 months.
That is one obvious concern. However, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are designed for general use and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of a malfunction.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on dated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Long Island, NY. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is exact. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to emulate nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are exceptionally accurate and reliable. Our insect rearing chambers in Long Island, NY come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Long Island, NY – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and other factors related to your work with insects are so diverse, what you need from your Long Island, NY insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and leading scientific research, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, Long Island, NY insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a advanced insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a series of insect rearing chambers in Long Island, NY that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover additional details about the models we offer for Long Island, NY insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers worldwide. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to consider when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Long Island, NY.
Due to the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety considerations such as an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions such as epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Long Island, NY – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Long Island, NY insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We manufacture the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Long Island, NY. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Find out which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Long Island, NY and begin customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.