San Antonio, TX
Insect Rearing Chamber San Antonio, TX
Darwin Chambers designes, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in San Antonio, TX.
Insect Rearing Chambers require specific conditions to ensure the growth of the specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Insect Rearing Chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers specific chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring the longevity of the room. To inquire more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in San Antonio, TX, contact our team at 314-534-3111. The PDF provided below details further information regarding these rooms.
Insect Rearing Chamber San Antonio – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers San Antonio
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. In High Humidity environments, concentrated acid droplets are more likely to build on the cooling components and cause serious corrosion. Other companies use an evaporator that can have thousands of square inches of vulnerable evaporator surface, where one very small refrigerant leak will require expensive repair—that may include many other components of the refrigeration system, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
The scenario stated above is a clear cause for concern, however, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to cease all operations in the event of a malfunction.
- Ability to decontaminate the chamber with high heat.
- Substantially reduced noise levels.
- Siplicity of Programming.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Most refrigerated incubators on the market today are based on the exact same technology used in refrigerators for decades, but the truth is, in most cases, biological research isn’t done below 15 degrees Celsius, thus any ability to go below that temperature for insect rearing isn’t needed.Darwin Chambers answer for researchers looking for the ideal chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlers. This coating seems to be the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our PFTCU works out very well in insect rearing rooms. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It’s precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. A good benefit is extremely good temperature uniformity as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Low profile 2? floor – maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in BLACK embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber
Insect Rearing Chambers San Antonio, TX
Further down the page is a comprehensive list of the types of rooms and reach in chambers we build. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Below is a brochure detailing a few of our capabilities and services.