Insect Rearing Chambers Montreal, QC
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Montreal, QC.
Insect Rearing Chambers Montreal, QC. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Montreal, QC that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. The Montreal, QC insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Montreal, QC, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Montreal – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Montreal, QC
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food will quickly break down a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will recognize that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can render a new, conventional incubator useless in only 6 months.
The scenario stated above is a clear concern. There are a number of other issues with standard incubators for insect use as well. Most incubators are produced for a standard audience and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are not ideal for the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to shut down heating and cooling mechanisms in a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Simple to Program.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be detrimental to the insect specimen and related research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Montreal, QC. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is exact. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to discourage the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally accurate and reliable. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Montreal, QC are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Montreal, QC – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, the needs of different types of insects, and other factors related to your work with insects differ so greatly, your needs from your Montreal, QC insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers knows that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific study, product development, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, there is no single solution for Montreal, QC insect rearing chambers. You need a quality insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a variety of insect rearing chambers in Montreal, QC that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Discover additional details about the lines we offer for Montreal, QC insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers worldwide. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications your facility requires. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional features to consider when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Montreal, QC.
Because of the size and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety considerations such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is less expensive and more efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have taken measures such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. These models are appropriate for use in environments where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Montreal, QC – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Montreal, QC insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We manufacture the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Montreal, QC. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Montreal, QC and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.