Insect Rearing Chambers Nashville, TN
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Nashville, TN.
Insect Rearing Chambers Nashville, TN. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Nashville, TN that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Nashville are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Nashville, TN, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Nashville – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Nashville, TN
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can quickly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Our competitors use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in as little as 6 months.
This is clearly a major concern. However, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Simple to Program.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually cause damage to the organisms and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-part solution:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Nashville, TN. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is precise. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely well-controlled. Our insect rearing chambers in Nashville, TN come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Nashville, TN – Our Models
As the research needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your work with insects differ so greatly, what you need from your Nashville, TN insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers understands that when it comes to essential and leading scientific research, product development, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, Nashville, TN insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You must have a advanced insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have designed a number of insect rearing chambers in Nashville, TN that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Discover more about the lines we offer for Nashville, TN insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers worldwide. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional features to think about when contemplating our insect rearing rooms for use in Nashville, TN.
Because of the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we produce all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety features including an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. These models are appropriate for use in environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Nashville, TN – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the highest quality Nashville, TN insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Nashville, TN. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Find out which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Nashville, TN and begin customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.