New Jersey, NJ
Insect Rearing Chamber New Jersey, NJ
Darwin Chambers designes, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in New Jersey, NJ.
Insect Rearing Chambers require specific conditions to ensure the growth of the specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chambers understands these difficulties and has successfully designed and manufactured Insect Rearing Chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring the longevity of the room. To inquire more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in New Jersey, NJ, contact our team at 314-534-3111. The PDF provided below details further information regarding these rooms.
Insect Rearing Chamber New Jersey – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers New Jersey
Standard Walk-in Incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the room during the rearing of insects and other biological organisms. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. In High Humidity environments, concentrated acid droplets are more likely to build on the cooling components and cause serious corrosion. Other providers rely on large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
The scenario stated above is a clear cause for concern, however, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to shut down all heat or cold producing equipment in the event of a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Ease of programming.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many incubators that are available on the market today are still operating on dated technology, but the truth is, much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius, thus any ability to go below that temperature for insect rearing isn’t needed.Darwin Chambers answer for researchers looking for the ideal chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlers. This coating seems to be the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our PFTCU works out very well in insect rearing rooms. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It’s precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. A good benefit is extremely good temperature uniformity as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Low profile 2? floor – maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in BLACK embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber
Insect Rearing Chambers New Jersey, NJ
Listed below are further examples of the types of rooms that we design, manufacture and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Below is a brochure detailing a few of our capabilities and services.