Insect Rearing Chambers Toronto, ON
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Toronto, ON.
Insect Rearing Chambers Toronto, ON. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Toronto, ON that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Toronto, ON insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Toronto, ON, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Toronto – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Toronto, ON
Standard or general incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can rapidly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue, as droplets of concentrated acid will collect on the cooling components. Other providers use cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will know that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
The scenario stated above is a clear concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. The vast majority of incubators are designed for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off all heat or cold producing equipment in the event of a malfunction.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers are still operating on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be detrimental to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Toronto, ON, we have a multi-part solution:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Toronto, ON. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to emulate nighttime within the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally precise. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Toronto, ON are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Toronto, ON – Our Models
As the research needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your insect-related work differ so greatly, what you need from your Toronto, ON insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in leading scientific research, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, there is no single solution for Toronto, ON insect rearing chambers. You need a advanced insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have manufactured a number of insect rearing chambers in Toronto, ON that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Learn more about the lines we offer for Toronto, ON insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers throughout the world. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications your facility requires. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to consider when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Toronto, ON.
Due to the size and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety considerations including a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions like an epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Toronto, ON – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Toronto, ON insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We manufacture the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the stability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Toronto, ON. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable when the best products and engineers are used. Find out which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Toronto, ON and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.