Insect Rearing Chambers Sacramento, CA
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Sacramento, CA.
Insect Rearing Chambers Sacramento, CA. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Sacramento, CA that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Sacramento, CA insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Sacramento, CA, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Sacramento – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Sacramento, CA
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will rapidly break down a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels, as droplets of concentrated acid will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you understand that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in under 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. Most incubators are designed for a standard audience and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in an emergency.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be detrimental to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Sacramento, CA. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is exact. It generates very little heat, which requires a smaller compressor, which leads to lower energy usage. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles to reduce bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to mirror nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and extremely well-controlled. Our insect rearing chambers in Sacramento, CA come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Sacramento, CA – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your insect-related work differ so greatly, what you need from your Sacramento, CA insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in leading scientific research, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, Sacramento, CA insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You must have a premium insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a number of insect rearing chambers in Sacramento, CA that can be extensively customized to fulfill your exact needs. Learn additional details about the lines we carry for Sacramento, CA insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers internationally. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other options to consider when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Sacramento, CA.
Because of the size and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we create all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety features including a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have taken measures like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Sacramento, CA – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the highest quality Sacramento, CA insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Sacramento, CA. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Sacramento, CA and begin customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.