Insect Rearing Chambers Cincinnati, OH
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Cincinnati, OH.
Insect Rearing Chambers Cincinnati, OH. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Cincinnati, OH that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Cincinnati, OH insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Cincinnati, OH, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online today.
Insect Rearing Chambers Cincinnati – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Cincinnati, OH
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will rapidly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Other providers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will realize that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. Most incubators are produced for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Simple to Program.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers still rely on dated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the organisms and related research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Cincinnati, OH, we have a multi-part solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Cincinnati, OH. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is exact. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to discourage the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely well-controlled. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Cincinnati, OH are easy to set. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Cincinnati, OH – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your insect-related work are so diverse, your needs from your Cincinnati, OH insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers knows that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific research, product development, and other insect rearing related programs, Cincinnati, OH insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You must have a quality insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a series of insect rearing chambers in Cincinnati, OH that can be extensively customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover more about the lines we carry for Cincinnati, OH insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers worldwide. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other characteristics to think about when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Cincinnati, OH.
Due to the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we create all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety features such as an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is less expensive and more efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions like an epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Cincinnati, OH – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Cincinnati, OH insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Cincinnati, OH. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable when the best products and engineers are used. Find out which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Cincinnati, OH and start customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.