Insect Rearing Chambers Omaha, NE
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Omaha, NE.
Insect Rearing Chambers Omaha, NE. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Omaha, NE that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Omaha, NE insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Omaha, NE, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Omaha – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Omaha, NE
Standard or general incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will rapidly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Our competitors rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in as little as 6 months.
That is one obvious cause for concern. There are a number of other issues with standard incubators for insect use as well. Most incubators are produced for general use and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of a malfunction.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on dated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually cause damage to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Omaha, NE, we have a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Omaha, NE. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is precise. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to emulate nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely well-controlled. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Omaha, NE are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Omaha, NE – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and other factors related to your insect-related work differ so greatly, your needs from your Omaha, NE insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and groundbreaking scientific study, product engineering, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, there is no single solution for Omaha, NE insect rearing chambers. You must have a quality insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have manufactured a variety of insect rearing chambers in Omaha, NE that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Learn more about the products we offer for Omaha, NE insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers throughout the world. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional options to consider when contemplating our insect rearing rooms for use in Omaha, NE.
Due to the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety considerations including a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have taken measures such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for environments where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Omaha, NE – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the highest quality Omaha, NE insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the right environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Omaha, NE. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable when the best products and engineers are used. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Omaha, NE and begin customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.