Insect Rearing Chambers Newark, NJ
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Newark, NJ.
Insect Rearing Chambers Newark, NJ. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Newark, NJ that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Newark, NJ insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Newark, NJ, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Newark – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Newark, NJ
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will rapidly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you recognize that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in under 6 months.
The scenario stated above is a clear concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. Most incubators are designed for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off all heat or cold producing equipment in a malfunction.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers still rely on dated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and related research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Newark, NJ, we have a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Newark, NJ. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is precise. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles to discourage bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows the room to easily satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to mirror nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally accurate and reliable. Our insect rearing chambers in Newark, NJ come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Newark, NJ – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and other factors related to your insect-related work differ so greatly, your needs from your Newark, NJ insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and groundbreaking scientific research, product testing, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, there is no single solution for Newark, NJ insect rearing chambers. You need a advanced insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have engineered a series of insect rearing chambers in Newark, NJ that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Discover more about the lines we carry for Newark, NJ insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers internationally. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional features to consider when contemplating our insect rearing rooms for use in Newark, NJ.
Because of the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are fitted with safety considerations such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have taken measures like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for cases where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Newark, NJ – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Newark, NJ insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Newark, NJ. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Newark, NJ and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.