Insect Rearing Chambers Denver, CO
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Denver, CO.
Insect Rearing Chambers Denver, CO. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Denver, CO that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Denver are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Denver, CO, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online today.
Insect Rearing Chambers Denver – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Denver, CO
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can rapidly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in only 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. The vast majority of incubators are produced for general use and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Critical details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to shut down heating and cooling mechanisms in a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many incubators that are available on the market today are still operating on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be detrimental to the insect specimen and related research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Denver, CO. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to discourage the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows the room to easily satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to mirror nighttime inside the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely well-controlled. Our insect rearing chambers in Denver, CO come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Denver, CO – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your insect-related work are so diverse, what you need from your Denver, CO insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers understands that when it comes to essential and groundbreaking scientific research, product engineering, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, there is no single solution for Denver, CO insect rearing chambers. You must have a advanced insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a variety of insect rearing chambers in Denver, CO that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover additional details about the products we offer for Denver, CO insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers around the globe. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional features to think about when contemplating our insect rearing rooms for use in Denver, CO.
Because of the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety considerations including an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for environments where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Denver, CO – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Denver, CO insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Denver, CO. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable when the best products and engineers are used. Find out which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Denver, CO and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.