Insect Rearing Chambers Oakland, CA
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Oakland, CA.
Insect Rearing Chambers Oakland, CA. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Oakland, CA that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. The Oakland, CA insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Oakland, CA, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Oakland – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Oakland, CA
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue, as droplets of concentrated acid will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you recognize that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in under 6 months.
This is clearly a major concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. Most incubators are designed for a standard audience and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Simple to Program.
- Reliability and durability.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Oakland, CA. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is exact. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coated door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to emulate nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally precise. Our insect rearing chambers in Oakland, CA come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Oakland, CA – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your work with insects are so diverse, your needs from your Oakland, CA insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that when it comes to essential and leading scientific study, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, there is no single solution for Oakland, CA insect rearing chambers. You need a quality insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a number of insect rearing chambers in Oakland, CA that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover additional details about the models we carry for Oakland, CA insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers worldwide. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other characteristics to think about when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Oakland, CA.
Because of the size and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Oakland, CA – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Oakland, CA insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Oakland, CA. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Oakland, CA and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.