Insect Rearing Chambers Phoenix, AZ
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Phoenix, AZ.
Insect Rearing Chambers Phoenix, AZ. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Phoenix, AZ that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Phoenix are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Phoenix, AZ, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online today.
Insect Rearing Chambers Phoenix – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Phoenix, AZ
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can rapidly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Other providers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will know that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in as little as 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. However, it is not the only issue. Most incubators are designed for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Critical details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to shut down heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers still rely on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually cause damage to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Phoenix, AZ, we have a multi-part solution:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Phoenix, AZ. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Find out more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is exact. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coated door handles to discourage the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to emulate nighttime within the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and extremely accurate and reliable. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Phoenix, AZ are easy to set. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Phoenix, AZ – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your insect-related work differ so greatly, your needs from your Phoenix, AZ insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in leading scientific research, product development, and other insect rearing related programs, Phoenix, AZ insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a advanced insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a number of insect rearing chambers in Phoenix, AZ that can be extensively customized to meet your exact needs. Learn more about the products we offer for Phoenix, AZ insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers around the globe. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications your facility requires. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional characteristics to consider when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Phoenix, AZ.
Due to the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we create all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is less expensive and more efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. These models are appropriate for use in cases where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Phoenix, AZ – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Phoenix, AZ insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We manufacture the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Phoenix, AZ. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Phoenix, AZ and start customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.