Kansas City, MO
Insect Rearing Chambers Kansas City, MO
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Kansas City, MO.
Insect Rearing Chambers Kansas City, MO. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Kansas City, MO that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Kansas City are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Kansas City, MO, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online today.
Insect Rearing Chambers Kansas City – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Kansas City, MO
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can rapidly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels, as droplets of concentrated acid will collect on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will realize that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in under 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. However, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are designed for a standard audience and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in an emergency.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Quiet operation.
- Simple to Program.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and related research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Kansas City, MO. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is precise. It generates very little heat, which requires a smaller compressor, which leads to lower energy usage. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles that act to combat bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to mimic nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely accurate and reliable. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Kansas City, MO are easy to set. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Kansas City, MO – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and the specific needs of your insect-related work are so diverse, your needs from your Kansas City, MO insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers knows that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific research, product development, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, Kansas City, MO insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a premium insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have designed a variety of insect rearing chambers in Kansas City, MO that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Learn more about the models we offer for Kansas City, MO insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers around the globe. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional features to consider when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Kansas City, MO.
Due to the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are fitted with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions such as epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for environments where there is a live heat load or when surrounding ambient conditions are hard to control or extreme. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Kansas City, MO – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Kansas City, MO insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We manufacture the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Kansas City, MO. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Kansas City, MO and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.