Los Angeles, CA
Insect Rearing Chambers Los Angeles, CA
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Los Angeles, CA.
Insect Rearing Chambers Los Angeles, CA. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Los Angeles, CA that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Los Angeles, CA insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Los Angeles, CA, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Los Angeles – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Los Angeles, CA
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can rapidly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels, as droplets of concentrated acid will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you realize that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in only 6 months.
That is one obvious concern. However, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are not ideal for the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off all heat or cold producing equipment in a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Simple to Program.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers are still operating on outdated technology, but biological testing almost never tests anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually cause damage to the organisms and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-part solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Los Angeles, CA. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is precise. It generates very little heat, which requires a smaller compressor, which leads to lower energy usage. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coated door handles to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to mirror nighttime within the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally accurate and reliable. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Los Angeles, CA are easy to set. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Los Angeles, CA – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, the needs of different types of insects, and other factors related to your work with insects differ so greatly, what you need from your Los Angeles, CA insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific research, product testing, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, Los Angeles, CA insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a quality insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have produced a variety of insect rearing chambers in Los Angeles, CA that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Discover additional details about the lines we carry for Los Angeles, CA insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers worldwide. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional characteristics to think about when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Los Angeles, CA.
Due to the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we produce all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety features such as an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have taken measures such as epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. These models are appropriate for use in environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Los Angeles, CA – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the highest quality Los Angeles, CA insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the right environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the stability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Los Angeles, CA. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized when the best products and engineers are used. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Los Angeles, CA and start customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.