New York, NY
Insect Rearing Chambers New York, NY
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in New York, NY.
Insect Rearing Chambers New York, NY. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in New York, NY that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The New York, NY insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in New York, NY, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online today.
Insect Rearing Chambers New York – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers New York, NY
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly break down a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels, as droplets of concentrated acid will collect on the cooling components. Other providers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will recognize that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
This is clearly a major concern. There are a number of other issues with standard incubators for insect use as well. The vast majority of incubators are designed for general use and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Critical details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to shut down all heat or cold producing equipment in the event of an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on outdated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually cause damage to the insect specimen and related research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in New York, NY. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is precise. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coated door handles that act to combat the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to emulate nighttime inside the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely accurate and reliable. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in New York, NY are easy to set. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers New York, NY – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your work with insects differ so greatly, your needs from your New York, NY insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that when it comes to essential and leading scientific study, product engineering, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, there is no single solution for New York, NY insect rearing chambers. You need a quality insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have manufactured a range of insect rearing chambers in New York, NY that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Learn additional details about the models we offer for New York, NY insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers internationally. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to think about when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in New York, NY.
Because of the size and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we produce all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety features including an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. These models are appropriate for use in cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers New York, NY – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the highest quality New York, NY insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We have the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in New York, NY. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in New York, NY and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.