New Orleans, LA
Insect Rearing Chamber New Orleans, LA
Darwin Chambers designes, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in New Orleans, LA.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in New Orleans are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring the longevity of the room. To inquire more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in New Orleans, LA, contact our team at 314-534-3111. The PDF provided below details further information regarding these rooms.
Insect Rearing Chamber New Orleans – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers New Orleans
Standard walk-in incubators or coolers used in the rearing of drosophila and other biological organisms often end up being problematic for a number of reasons. Acidic elements that are required to rear insects can cause damage to refrigeration evaporators. This issue is further damaging in high humidity environments where droplets of acid will collect on the cooling components. Other providers rely on large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
Obviously, the above scenario is a primary concern to any researcher, but there are many other issues to be concerned about. Because most types of incubators are produced for a very wide audience, many of the details are not ideally suited for the needs of the insect researcher. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to immediately stop all equipment in the event of an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Substantially reduced noise levels.
- Ease of programming.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Most refrigerated incubators on the market today are based on the exact same technology used in refrigerators for decades, but the truth is, and most biological research isn’t taken up under 15 degrees Celsius, thus any ability to go below that temperature for insect rearing isn’t needed.Darwin Chambers answer for researchers looking for the ideal chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlers. This coating seems to be the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our PFTCU works out very well in insect rearing rooms. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It’s precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. A good benefit is extremely good temperature uniformity as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Low profile 2? floor – maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in BLACK embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber
Insect Rearing Chambers New Orleans, LA
Further down the page is a comprehensive list of the types of rooms and reach in chambers we build. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Below is a brochure detailing a few of our capabilities and services.