Insect Rearing Chambers Dallas, TX
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Dallas, TX.
Insect Rearing Chambers Dallas, TX. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Dallas, TX that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Dallas, TX insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Dallas, TX, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Dallas – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Dallas, TX
Standard or general incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Our competitors use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you realize that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in as little as 6 months.
That is one obvious cause for concern. However, it is not the only issue. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to easily shut off all heat or cold producing equipment in the event of a malfunction.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually cause damage to the insect specimen and related research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Dallas, TX, we have a multi-part solution:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Dallas, TX. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is exact. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to mirror nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely accurate and reliable. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Dallas, TX are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Dallas, TX – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your insect-related work are so diverse, what you need from your Dallas, TX insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and leading scientific study, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, there is no single solution for Dallas, TX insect rearing chambers. You need a reliable insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have engineered a number of insect rearing chambers in Dallas, TX that can be extensively customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover more about the products we offer for Dallas, TX insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers internationally. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to think about when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Dallas, TX.
Because of the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are complete with safety features including an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions like an epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. These models are appropriate for use in cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Dallas, TX – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Dallas, TX insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We have the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Dallas, TX. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Dallas, TX and start customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.