Insect Rearing Chambers Memphis, TN
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Memphis, TN.
Insect Rearing Chambers Memphis, TN. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Memphis, TN that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Memphis are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Memphis, TN, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online today.
Insect Rearing Chambers Memphis – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Memphis, TN
Standard or general incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food will rapidly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Other providers rely on large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will know that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in under 6 months.
That is one obvious cause for concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. The vast majority of incubators are produced for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to shut down all heat or cold producing equipment in the event of an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on outdated technology, but biological testing almost never tests anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be detrimental to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Memphis, TN, we have a multi-part solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Memphis, TN. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Find out more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is exact. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles that act to combat the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and extremely precise. Our insect rearing chambers in Memphis, TN come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Memphis, TN – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your insect-related work are so diverse, your needs from your Memphis, TN insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in leading scientific research, product development, and other insect rearing related programs, Memphis, TN insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a premium insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have engineered a range of insect rearing chambers in Memphis, TN that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Learn more about the models we offer for Memphis, TN insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers internationally. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications your facility requires. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other options to think about when contemplating our insect rearing rooms for use in Memphis, TN.
Due to the size and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we produce all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is fitted with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have taken measures such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers have the ability to remove more heat and reach lower temperatures. Our low temp models are best for cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Memphis, TN – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the highest quality Memphis, TN insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We have the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Memphis, TN. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Memphis, TN and begin customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.