Insect Rearing Chambers Austin, TX
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Austin, TX.
Insect Rearing Chambers Austin, TX. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Austin, TX that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. The Austin, TX insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Austin, TX, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Austin – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Austin, TX
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you understand that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in as little as 6 months.
That is one obvious cause for concern. There are a number of other issues with standard incubators for insect use as well. Most incubators are designed for a standard audience and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to shut down all heat or cold producing equipment in a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Easy programming and use.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Austin, TX. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Find out more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is precise. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles that act to combat bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and extremely well-controlled. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Austin, TX are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Austin, TX – Our Models
As the research needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your work with insects are so diverse, your needs from your Austin, TX insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that when it comes to essential and leading scientific research, product development, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, there is no single solution for Austin, TX insect rearing chambers. You need a reliable insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have manufactured a range of insect rearing chambers in Austin, TX that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Learn additional details about the lines we carry for Austin, TX insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers around the globe. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other options to consider when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Austin, TX.
Because of the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are fitted with safety considerations such as an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions such as epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Austin, TX – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Austin, TX insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Austin, TX. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable when the best products and engineers are used. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Austin, TX and start customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.