Insect Rearing Chamber Orlando, FL
Darwin Chambers designes, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Orlando, FL.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without out being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Standard Walk-In Rooms are not ideal for the procurement of insects as the rooms are not properly designed for the difficulties that can arise from insect by-products as well as the acids that can be required to rear insects. The Insect Rearing Chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers specific chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring the longevity of the room. To inquire more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Orlando, FL, contact our team at 314-534-3111. The PDF provided below details further information regarding these rooms.
Insect Rearing Chamber Orlando – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando
Standard walk-in incubators or coolers used in the rearing of drosophila and other biological organisms often end up being problematic for a number of reasons. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. This issue is further damaging in high humidity environments where droplets of acid will collect on the cooling components. Other companies use large evaporators that are vulnerable to corrosion and leaks, and can be expensive to repair and maintain in an insect rearing chamber, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
There are, however, other issues that also arise from not having a room directly built to accommodate insect rearing. Because most types of incubators are produced for a very wide audience, many of the details are not ideally suited for the needs of the insect researcher. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to immediately stop all equipment in the event of an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Substantially reduced noise levels.
- Ease of programming.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Most refrigerated incubators on the market today are based on the exact same technology used in refrigerators for decades, but the truth is, in most cases, biological research isn’t done below 15 degrees Celsius, so it stands to reason that the ability to go below that temperature may indeed be more liability than benefit.Darwin Chambers answer for researchers looking for the ideal chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlers. This coating seems to be the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our PFTCU works out very well in insect rearing rooms. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It’s precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. A good benefit is extremely good temperature uniformity as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Low profile 2? floor – maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in BLACK embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber
Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando, FL
Listed below are further examples of the types of rooms that we design, manufacture and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Below is a brochure detailing a few of our capabilities and services.