Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando, FL
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Orlando, FL.
Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando, FL. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Orlando, FL that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Orlando are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Orlando, FL, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando, FL
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly eat away at a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue, as droplets of concentrated acid will collect on the cooling components. Our competitors rely on large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you recognize that the propionic acid present in the chamber can destroy a conventional incubator in under 6 months.
That is one obvious concern. However, it is not the only issue. Most incubators are designed for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Simple to Program.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers still rely on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually cause damage to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-part approach:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Orlando, FL. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons we love it. Find out more on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is exact. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles that act to combat bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows the room to easily satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and extremely well-controlled. Our insect rearing chambers in Orlando, FL come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando, FL – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your work with insects are so diverse, what you need from your Orlando, FL insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific research, product testing, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, Orlando, FL insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a premium insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have designed a range of insect rearing chambers in Orlando, FL that can be extensively customized to meet your exact needs. Discover additional details about the models we carry for Orlando, FL insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers around the globe. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to consider when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Orlando, FL.
Due to the size and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we create all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are fitted with safety features such as an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have taken measures like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Orlando, FL – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the best Orlando, FL insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Orlando, FL. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized when the best products and engineers are used. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Orlando, FL and start customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.