Insect Rearing Chambers Raleigh, NC
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Raleigh, NC.
Insect Rearing Chambers Raleigh, NC. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Raleigh, NC that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. The Raleigh, NC insect rearing chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Raleigh, NC, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Raleigh – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Raleigh, NC
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Our competitors rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you know that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in only 6 months.
This is clearly a major concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. The vast majority of incubators are designed for a standard audience and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Critical details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to shut down heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of an emergency.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Quiet operation.
- Simple to Program.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many incubators that are available on the market today are still operating on outdated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually cause damage to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Raleigh, NC, we have a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Raleigh, NC. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Find out more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is precise. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles to stop the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows minimal ramp requirements to satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are exceptionally precise. Our insect rearing chambers in Raleigh, NC come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Raleigh, NC – Our Models
As the research needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your work with insects differ so greatly, what you need from your Raleigh, NC insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers knows that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific study, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, there is no single solution for Raleigh, NC insect rearing chambers. You must have a premium insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have produced a variety of insect rearing chambers in Raleigh, NC that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Discover more about the lines we offer for Raleigh, NC insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers throughout the world. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional options to think about when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Raleigh, NC.
Due to the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is fitted with safety considerations including an easy-to-pull and readily visible emergency personnel pull cord alarm
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions like an epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Raleigh, NC – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Raleigh, NC insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We have the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the stability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Raleigh, NC. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized when the best products and engineers are used. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is right for you in Raleigh, NC and begin customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.