San Diego, CA
Insect Rearing Chambers San Diego, CA
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in San Diego, CA.
Insect Rearing Chambers San Diego, CA. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in San Diego, CA that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in San Diego are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in San Diego, CA, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers San Diego – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers San Diego, CA
Standard or general incubators or coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat can rapidly break down a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Other providers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will know that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
The scenario stated above is a clear cause for concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. The vast majority of incubators are produced for general use and are not created with the unique characteristics of insect rearing in mind, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to shut down all heat or cold producing equipment in a malfunction.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually cause damage to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in San Diego, CA, we have a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in San Diego, CA. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is exact. It generates very little heat, which requires a smaller compressor, which leads to lower energy usage. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to reduce bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows the room to easily satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to emulate nighttime inside the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely precise. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in San Diego, CA are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers San Diego, CA – Our Models
As the research needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and the specific needs of your insect-related work differ so greatly, what you need from your San Diego, CA insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and leading scientific study, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, San Diego, CA insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a reliable insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have manufactured a series of insect rearing chambers in San Diego, CA that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Discover additional details about the products we offer for San Diego, CA insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers throughout the world. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the custom dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other options to think about when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in San Diego, CA.
Because of the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are fitted with safety considerations such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have taken measures like an epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. These models are appropriate for use in cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers San Diego, CA – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality San Diego, CA insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We produce the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in San Diego, CA. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in San Diego, CA and start customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.